Thursday, June 4, 2009

Today's Life
Journal Reading

Proverbs 28,29; Psalms 60; Romans 16
Read Now




I am beginning to love reading the Proverbs. The more I read it, the more I'm understanding what a fool is and what it means to be wise. I also am learning about the corruption of the desire of riches and what it means to be unwise with what you have. Over and over again it says that better to be poor ... than to be rich and be a fool or suffer. Hmmm.

I also like the Romans part there where it says
17I urge you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching you have learned. Keep away from them. 18For such people are not serving our Lord Christ, but their own appetites. By smooth talk and flattery they deceive the minds of naive people. 19Everyone has heard about your obedience, so I am full of joy over you; but I want you to be wise about what is good, and innocent about what is evil.20The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet.
The grace of our Lord Jesus be with you.
Keep away from "those who cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are "contrary to the teaching you have learned." So that means, stay away from those fools who put their hope in material things. I always get wrapped up in the now and need to remember that God is in control of everything and that things here on earth are temporal but the work of the Lord is eternal. What comfort it is to know that we are being taken care of by a supernatural being and not to worry about "what will burn in the fire". And God himself will crush the evil one under our feet. Mmm, thank you Lord! I also love the closing of the letter:
25Now to him who is able to establish you by my gospel and the proclamation of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery hidden for long ages past, 26but now revealed and made known through the prophetic writings by the command of the eternal God, so that all nations might believe and obey him— 27to the only wise God be glory forever through Jesus Christ! Amen.
. Yes, to Him be glory, praise and honor both now and forever more. AMEN!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment